The Inner Circle

View Only
  • 1.  Strategies for Financial Services organizations to manage risk in the Cloud

Posted Sep 09, 2022 06:19:00 AM

Many organizations are eager to adopt cloud services, but want to consider how to manage risks in making that transition. This discussion lays out strategies for success in leveraging cloud platforms and how the risks and security may impact customers and third parties.

Watch Jim Reavis, CEO of CSA, Collin Schwartz, General Counsel & Chief Regulatory Officer of TruSight, and Rani Urbas, Global Head of Enterprise Trust of Google Cloud, in their conversation about the future of cloud risk and security here → https://csaurl.org/7szupj

#cloudsecurity #TruSight

------------------------------
    Orbert Reavis
    Circle Guide
    CSA

• 2.  RE: Strategies for Financial Services organizations to manage risk in the Cloud

Posted Sep 12, 2022 07:07:00 AM
    The link is not working, can you please fix it

Srinivas Kasula
    Engineering Manager
    Wells Fargo

• 3.  RE: Strategies for Financial Services organizations to manage risk in the Cloud

Posted Sep 12, 2022 07:11:00 AM
    link is not working

Srinivas Kasula
    Engineering Manager
    Wells Fargo

• 4.  RE: Strategies for Financial Services organizations to manage risk in the Cloud

Posted Sep 12, 2022 12:56:00 PM
    This topic (cloud security for financial institutions) is the subject of a standard, X9.125, being developed by the X9F4 accredited subcommittee of ANSI. I am part of the drafting team. The document is close to completion (then it needs to go through all the reviews and balloting processes before adoption, and I have little idea how long this takes). There is quite a section on how to manage cryptographic keys, given the need to encrypt financial information.

If anyone needs more information, I can refer you to the co-chairs of the group, but I am probably not supposed to send you the current draft without asking them first. Our next meeting is this Wednesday afternoon (we meet the 2nd and 4th Wednesday of each month, and draft text offline in between), so shout now if you need me to carry a message or request to the group.

Claude Baudoin
    cébé IT Knowledge Management
    Co-Chair, OMG Cloud Working Group
    https://www.omg.org/cloud

• 5.  RE: Strategies for Financial Services organizations to manage risk in the Cloud

Posted Sep 16, 2022 09:11:00 AM
    I would like to read the draft and contribute if I can. We have developed a new file encryption scheme without the complicated key management. Well, different complexity I should say, and would like to share.

Jun Yu
    CEO
    APF Technologies LLC

• 6.  RE: Strategies for Financial Services organizations to manage risk in the Cloud

Posted Sep 19, 2022 06:32:00 PM

Jun, I am happy to send you the latest draft, but please note that as I wrote, the document is close to completion. I am not sure there is window of opportunity to contribute feedback, but if you have some I will do my best to recommend any appropriate changes.

Please contact me directly at cbaudoin[at]gmail[dot]com to give me your e-mail address. Anyone else who is interested in this document (draft of X9.125 standard on cloud management and security at financial institutions) is welcome to do the same. I'm not authorized to post the document here for everyone to see, as it might then be distributed too widely and it is not final.

Claude Baudoin
    cébé IT Knowledge Management
    Co-Chair, OMG Cloud Working Group
    https://www.omg.org/cloud

• 7.  RE: Strategies for Financial Services organizations to manage risk in the Cloud

Posted Sep 19, 2022 07:46:00 AM
    Hi Claude,
    You're welcome to loop me in.
    Cheers / Niels
    President CSA Denmark

Niels E. Anqvist
    CEO/President
    ZAFEHOUZE USA / ZAFEHOUZE EMEA

• 8.  RE: Strategies for Financial Services organizations to manage risk in the Cloud

Posted Sep 19, 2022 12:19:00 PM
    Claude, hello
    Can you loop me and @Troy Leach into this and supply the contact information?​

JOHN DIMARIA
    ME
    CSA
    [email protected]