Ask 5 people what threat hunting is, and you'll get 6 different answers, because when it comes to threat hunting, it's still the Wild West.
This virtual event will cut through all of the nonsense and give you real world practical knowledge of why threat hunting is a critical part of any security program.
- You’ll hear from RSA threat hunter Neil Wyler (Bio below) who will give you an introduction to threat hunting and walk you through various threat hunting methodologies.
- Neil will discuss tactics and techniques used by world class hunters around the globe, and give you a framework for getting analysts started, regardless of skill level.
Bio of presenter - Neil Wyler:
- Below are the objectives of the event:
- What is threat hunting?
- Where do we begin with threat hunting?
- What does a threat hunting methodology and lifecycle look like?
- Continuing the threat hunting dialogue via CSA Circle.
- Details about an upcoming hands-on virtual workshop 2.0 (11/10/2020).
Neil “Grifter” Wyler is a Threat Hunting and Incident Response Specialist with RSA. He has spent over 20 years as a security professional, focusing on vulnerability assessment, penetration testing, physical security, and incident response. He has been a staff member of the Black Hat Security Briefings for over 18 years and a member of the Senior Staff at DEF CON for 19 years. Wyler has spoken at numerous security conferences worldwide, including Black Hat, DEF CON and the RSA Conference. He has been the subject of various online, print, film, and television interviews, and has authored several books on information security. Wyler is a member of the DEF CON and Black Hat CFP Review Boards, the Black Hat Training Review Board, the founder of DC801 and founder of his local hackerspace, 801 Labs.
You can follow Neil on Twitter at @grifter801.