Zero Trust

View Only
  • 1.  CISA Releases Zero Trust Maturity Model V 2.0

Posted Apr 11, 2023 12:16:00 PM

The new phone book is here!

Would love to know everyone's thoughts on differences from V 1.0

https://www.cisa.gov/sites/default/files/2023-04/zero_trust_maturity_model_v2_508.pdf

------------------------------
    Alex Sharpe
    Principal
    Sharpe42
    [email protected]
    Co-Chair Philosophy & Guiding Principles Working Group
    Co-Chair Organizational Strategy & Governance Working Group

• 2.  RE: CISA Releases Zero Trust Maturity Model V 2.0

Posted Apr 12, 2023 07:33:00 AM

Thanks for sharing Alex.  Glad to see that the paper's ZT focus starts with the idea that a network perimeter is viewed as potentially vulnerable or already compromised, and that each "each user, device, application, and transaction must be continually verified" .  And glad to see that there is acknowledgement of a holistic approach to securing the network by performing authentication, identity validation and authorization across each subsystem traversed by a communication. Good to see that NISTSP 800 207 is taken as the reference work.  I've found the  High-Level Zero Trust Maturity Model Overview a very useful matrix for evaluating cybersecurity maturity - useful because it can be applied at both the macro and micro level.  This sits well with a service-oriented view, and breaks down the artificial distinction between IT and OT - because to my simple mind there is none.  All systems require networking, hosting infrastructure, software and OS platforms, software services, event handling, computing devices and data.  Yes I agree that the road to cybersecurity maturity across the enterprise landscape is challenging. However this paper makes good philosophical and practical guidance, particularly the updated H-L ZTMMO.  Best Nya

Nya Murray
    Director
    Trac-Car