APAC Chapters Chatter

CSA Vietnam Summit 2022: Panel discussion on "Standards, Standards Everywhere, Which One Should I Adopt?"

• 1.  CSA Vietnam Summit 2022: Panel discussion on "Standards, Standards Everywhere, Which One Should I Adopt?"

Posted May 25, 2022 12:36:00 AM

In the light of the many cloud security related standards (e.g. ISO27017, STAR) that CSPs claim to comply with, how does an enterprise make sense of this plethora of seemingly different or similar frameworks? How does one reconcile these with respect to those specified by the regulators?  Our experts helped us to clear the air and clarify the confusion as well as bring to light how programs like CSA STAR help provide a "Implement Once Comply Many" approach. The panel discussion on "Standards, Standards Everywhere, Which One Should I Adopt?" was moderated by John DIMARIA (Assurance Investigatory Fellow & Research Fellow, CSA); he was joined by panellists Ashwin CHAUDHARY (CEO, Accedere Inc.), Hoang Quang HUY (Country Manager, Vietnam, Palo Alto Networks), Nguyen Minh THANH (Cybersecurity  Consultant, Viettel), Steven NGUYEN (Head of Solution Consultant, VNG Cloud), & Dr. Sak SEGKHOONTHOD (Advisor, Electronic Transactions Development Agency, Thailand). A recording of the discussion can be viewed at https://www.csaapac.org/csavietnamvsummit2022.html.

------------------------------
    Hing-Yan Lee
    EVP APAC
    Cloud Security Alliance
    ------------------------------