The Inner Circle

View Only
Expand all | Collapse all

New Article: Cloud Outsourcing in the Financial Sector: An Assessment of Internal Governance Strategies on a Cloud Transaction Between a Bank and a Leading Cloud Service Provider

• 1.  New Article: Cloud Outsourcing in the Financial Sector: An Assessment of Internal Governance Strategies on a Cloud Transaction Between a Bank and a Leading Cloud Service Provider

Posted Jul 06, 2022 12:31:00 AM

Hi Good morning everyone, I hope that you are all doing well.

I am pleased to announce that my article" Cloud Outsourcing in the Financial Sector" is now published. In this article, I used a single cloud outsourcing case study to investigate the risk and governance challenges faced by a financial institution that contracted cloud services. These challenges were analyzed using raw data from their cloud risk registry to derive my conclusions. 

If you are interested in taking a read, the article is accessible at :

https://doi.org/10.1007/s40804-022-00252-4 or as a PDF here https://link.springer.com/content/pdf/10.1007/s40804-022-00252-4.pdf

Please feel free to take a read and reach out to me if you have any questions/comments.

Kr,

Jamelia

------------------------------
    Jamelia Anderson
    Tilburg University
    Tilburg University

• 2.  RE: New Article: Cloud Outsourcing in the Financial Sector: An Assessment of Internal Governance Strategies on a Cloud Transaction Between a Bank and a Leading Cloud Service Provider

CSA Instructor
    Posted Jul 07, 2022 07:17:00 AM
    Congratulations!
    We need more of this evidence based research!

Peter HJ van Eijk
    CCSK & CCAK trainer
    https://www.clubcloudcomputing.com/

• 3.  RE: New Article: Cloud Outsourcing in the Financial Sector: An Assessment of Internal Governance Strategies on a Cloud Transaction Between a Bank and a Leading Cloud Service Provider

Posted Jul 07, 2022 07:35:00 AM
    Thank you very much Paul!

I hope that you (and most) find the article useful and interesting. 

Kr, Jamelia

Jamelia Anderson
    Tilburg University
    Tilburg University

• 4.  RE: New Article: Cloud Outsourcing in the Financial Sector: An Assessment of Internal Governance Strategies on a Cloud Transaction Between a Bank and a Leading Cloud Service Provider

Posted Jul 07, 2022 07:32:00 AM
    Very interesting the points you mention, very good to share it with the whole community

Alfredo Alva CSA Peru Chapter - Vice President
    CISO
    Niubiz

• 5.  RE: New Article: Cloud Outsourcing in the Financial Sector: An Assessment of Internal Governance Strategies on a Cloud Transaction Between a Bank and a Leading Cloud Service Provider

Posted Jul 07, 2022 07:40:00 AM
    Dear Alfredo, many thanks for taking the time to read my article. I am happy that you found the article interesting. 

Kr, Jamelia

Jamelia Anderson
    Tilburg University
    Tilburg University

• 6.  RE: New Article: Cloud Outsourcing in the Financial Sector: An Assessment of Internal Governance Strategies on a Cloud Transaction Between a Bank and a Leading Cloud Service Provider

Posted Jul 07, 2022 11:01:00 AM
    Interesting, thanks. You may not be aware, Jamelia, that the ANSI X9 subcommittee is writing a standard called X9.125, Cloud Management and Security for Financial Institutions. I'm part of the drafting team. If you are interested, I could send you a copy of the current unofficial draft, and relay to the team any comments you might have (areas that may be overlooked, etc.). Just contact me at [email protected].

Claude Baudoin
    cébé IT Knowledge Management
    Co-Chair, OMG Cloud Working Group
    https://www.omg.org/cloud

• 7.  RE: New Article: Cloud Outsourcing in the Financial Sector: An Assessment of Internal Governance Strategies on a Cloud Transaction Between a Bank and a Leading Cloud Service Provider

Posted Jul 08, 2022 06:41:00 AM
    Thanks for informing me about this development Claude.

I will be happy to take a look and will reach out by email. 

Kr, Jamelia

Jamelia Anderson
    Tilburg University
    Tilburg University

• 8.  RE: New Article: Cloud Outsourcing in the Financial Sector: An Assessment of Internal Governance Strategies on a Cloud Transaction Between a Bank and a Leading Cloud Service Provider

Posted Jul 08, 2022 07:24:00 AM
    Great article Jamelia in highlighting key takeaways!

Kapil Bareja
    Advisory Manager
    Deloitte

• 9.  RE: New Article: Cloud Outsourcing in the Financial Sector: An Assessment of Internal Governance Strategies on a Cloud Transaction Between a Bank and a Leading Cloud Service Provider

Posted Jul 11, 2022 10:17:00 PM
    Dear Kapil, many thanks for taking the time to read my article and thank you for providing some feedback.

I hope that my conclusions can also be useful from a practical standpoint. 

Kr, Jamelia

Jamelia Anderson
    Tilburg University
    Tilburg University

• 10.  RE: New Article: Cloud Outsourcing in the Financial Sector: An Assessment of Internal Governance Strategies on a Cloud Transaction Between a Bank and a Leading Cloud Service Provider

Posted Jul 08, 2022 11:43:00 AM
    Excellent piece of writing. I found it valuable enough to share with our corporate counsel. Thank you for sharing it with CSA members.

Paul Rich
    Executive Director
    JPMorgan Chase & Co.

• 11.  RE: New Article: Cloud Outsourcing in the Financial Sector: An Assessment of Internal Governance Strategies on a Cloud Transaction Between a Bank and a Leading Cloud Service Provider

Posted Jul 11, 2022 10:08:00 PM
    Dear Paul, 

I am extremely happy that you found the article valuable enough to share with colleagues.  

Many thanks, and feel free to reach out to me if you have any questions. 

Kr, Jamelia

Jamelia Anderson
    Tilburg University
    Tilburg University