The Cloud Security Alliance Alabama Chapter [Chapter] is a member driven professional organization run by a Board of Directors according to our Chapter By-Laws. The Chapter is an independent entity from any association, enterprise, or entity. This privacy statement of The Chapter outlines how your personally identifiable information and other personal data will be collected, used and protected by the Chapter. This policy also describes your choices and rights regarding your personal data.
What Information We Collect
The Chapter limits the information we collect from you to what is needed for chapter business purposes only and is voluntarily provided by you. Information we collect is used for the following purposes:
- As a means to contact and communicate with you via email regarding events and chapter
- Respond to inquiries from you submitted to us by phone, email, or via the Chapter website contact
- When requested by you to validate your attendance at meetings and events for earned CPE
- To meet legal and financial reporting requirements for paid
Additionally, anonymized data is used to compile chapter statistics such as communities served, member industry segments, meeting registration numbers for catering, and member interests for speaker presentation topics.
The Chapter depends on third party sources, “Processors”, for specific business services such as financial, and data backup and storage. We use only Processors that provide sufficient guarantees that meet current privacy and security regulatory requirements including the General Data Protection Regulation (GDPR). Occasionally these Processors may receive your data where it is necessary solely for their intended business purpose as it pertains to providing services to the Chapter. Our current processors are:
- Constant Contact used to maintain membership information, send emails to members regarding events and meetings and manage event and meeting registrations.
- PayPal used to collect and process payment information for paid
The Chapter will not sell your personal data to anyone or entity at any time.
Your rights - data retention and accuracy
You have the right at any time to inspect your data, request changes / update information, or opt out of any future communications from the Chapter by choosing the “Unsubscribe” link at the bottom of every email sent via Constant Contact. You can also request personal data be deleted from our systems. All requests must be made in writing to our Data Protection Officer by email. As part of our commitment to industry best practice, the Chapter routinely deletes information/data from our systems after it has met the business purpose for which it was provided to us and all regulatory reporting and retention requirements.