ISO/IEC just published ISO/IEC 27035-2:2023 Information technology - Information security incident management - Part 2: Guidelines to plan and prepare for incident response
This document provides guidelines to plan and prepare for incident response and to learn lessons from the incident response. The guidelines are based on the "plan and prepare" and "learn lessons" phases of the information security incident management phases model presented in ISO/IEC 27035-1:2023, 5.2, and 5.6.
The major points within the "plan and prepare" phase include:
- information security incident management policy and commitment of top management;
- information security policies, including those relating to risk management, updated at both organizational level and system, service and network levels;
- information security incident management plan;
- Incident Management Team (IMT) establishment;
- establishing relationships and connections with internal and external organizations;
- technical and other support (including organizational and operational support);
- information security incident management awareness briefings and training.
The "learn lessons" phase includes:
- identifying areas for improvement;
- identifying and making necessary improvements;
- Incident Response Team (IRT) evaluation.
The guidance given in this document is generic and intended to be applicable to all organizations, regardless of type, size or nature. Organizations can adjust the guidance given in this document according to their type, size, and nature of business in relation to the information security risk situation. This document is also applicable to external organizations providing information security incident management services.
This standard can be previewed here: https://www.iso.org/obp/ui/#iso:std:iso-iec:27035:-2:ed-2:v1:en
This standard can be purchased here: https://www.iso.org/standard/62071.html